Beverly Frisby's Reviews > Deadly Disclosures: A Dinah Harris Mystery

Deadly Disclosures by Julie Cave

Dec 11, 11

Recommended for: everyone
Read from October 05 to December 08, 2011, read count: 1

Julie Cave first heard a creation science speaker at her church when she was just 15, igniting her interest in creation science and sparking an enthusiasm for defending the Bible’s account of creation. She has obtained a degree in health science, and is currently completing a degree in law. Julie is married with one daughter and lives on the east coast of Australia. You can learn more about Julie and her books by stopping by her website, http://juliecave.com/.

In "Deadly Disclosures", book one in the Dinah Harris Mystery series, we first meet FBI investigator Dinah Harris. Dinah is struggling with a personal tragedy which is causing her personal and professional world to unravel. As Dinah struggles with her personal demons, she and her FBI partner, Ferguson, work to unravel the disappearance and subsequent murder of the Secretary of the Smithsonian, Thomas Whitfield.

Their investigation leads them to the Board of Regents for the Smithsonian. The board is composed of such people as the Supreme Court Chief Justice and Chancellor Maxwell Pryor, the Vice President of the United States, Charles Ransome, three Senators, three Congressmen, and CEOs of various businesses. These were people that would need to be treated carefully, but would Dinah be able to do so, or would her abrasive personality cause more problems for them?

As the investigation progresses, it becomes more deadly as two people who spoke with Dinah and Ferguson turn up dead. With the body count rising, Dinah runs into more personal troubles when her drinking starts hindering her ability to function at work. Will meeting Andy Coleman, a Christian Scientist who often debated against Thomas Whitfield, help Dinah find the faith she needs to save her life?

The book is fast paced and kept me turning the pages to find out what would happen next. Although this is the first book in the series, it is actually the second "Dinah Harris Mystery" which I've read. As with my first book by Julie Cave, I found myself drawn into the story-line and riveted by Julie's writing style. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who love mystery and suspense with a message of faith and God's love masterfully woven in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Disclosures.