Ashley's Reviews > Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

Jul 25, 11

Read from July 13 to 25, 2011

This subject was so taboo for me, growing up. I'm feeling quite embarrassed, but I'll try not to. There is probably way too much personal info in here, so be warned.

Okay. First off, let me just say, NOT trying to get pregnant. Just can't deal with extra hormones anymore. TMI?

I was recommended this book about five years ago, when we were trying to get pregnant with number two. We conceived the first month of charting. Again, TMI?

This subject is so taboo for me. I grew up with it NEVER being talked about, so it's always a bit liberating to read through this and understand the whole process our bodies go through. It's wonderful to know exactly what my body is doing and how the cycle will be that month, to know what day to expect it instead of worrying if it's a day or so later, or being caught unprepared if it's early. And really, I just can't deal with the side effects (the constant infections) from the IUD, and I do not want to have to pay for the pill every month and I don't do well with those side effects either. Not many other options!

I do like this book. I own it, even. I didn't read the whole book this time, but I've read it before.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.