Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews's Reviews > Apollyon

Read from March 23 to 24, 2013

*Genre* YA Paranormal
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

I have to say that Apollyon is one of those books that you don't want to miss if you are a JLA fan. There is a whole helluva lot that happens between Alex and Aiden and it left me cheering and wanting more. I have never liked Seth and that hasn't changed with Apollyon's release.

The only negative I had was that there was no resolution in the storyline in regards to Seth and Lucian and whether or not Alex has the will power to continue to resist being united with Seth so that he can become the God Killer. We do, however, get to find out who is pulling their strings, but, I guess we shall have to wait until Sentinel to find out what happens next.

The last part of this book was absolutely the best part of this book with Alex fighting for her life and to save her friends. Alex isn't alone anymore. She has a core group that includes Aiden, Marcus, Olivia, Solos, Deacon, and Luke.

Naturally, there are a few questions left to answer like the fate of Alex's father, and not everyone came out of this story unscathed. I liked the reunion between Alex and Caleb. I missed Caleb and had hoped that he would return to this series sooner, rather than later. Although this book is Alex's realization that she has been used and abused, and now has the power to stop what is happening in the world, it was the parts between Alex and Aiden that were the most poignant.

I still recommend that after you read Deity, that you continue with the short novella called Elixir. There's sort of a continuation of that storyline into Apollyon. Yes, there is sort of a really emotional cliffhanger, so be forewarned and prepared. This is, after-all, what JLA does best.

Expected publication: April 9th 2013 by Spencer Hill Press

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apollyon.

03/23/2013 page 50
13.0% "Chapter 7 - I absolutely adore Aiden for what he's had to put up with from Alex."
03/23/2013 page 159
44.0% "Chapter 19"
03/24/2013 page 202
56.0% "Chapter 24"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lucy I so cannot wait for this!

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews Lucy wrote: "I so cannot wait for this!"

NO too long now. In fact, I heard that some outlets were already releasing the book.

Lucy Really? Well, I have to see if I can put my paws on a copy then.