crystal's Reviews > God in a Brothel: An Undercover Journey Into Sex Trafficking and Rescue

God in a Brothel by Daniel Walker

Jan 13, 12

Read from August 07, 2011 to January 13, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I received this book as part of goodreads first reads. I feel really bad that it has taken me so long to finish, but I wanted to state that it is a really heavy book with some tough subject matter. There is nothing truly graphic in the book, since the author doesn't participate in any acts, but there is some graphic descriptions about the women/girls that makes it much more real.

I read this book as I was recently introduced to a girl who was brought to the US as part of a sex trafficking operation. She escaped, but was only 15. She is now 20 and has a great life here in the US, but for every girl that escapes there are hundreds more who don't. I was inspired to read this book because of her story, and I am really glad I did.

This is a story of the author's undercover operations and stings in the international world of sex trafficking. Although the title gives the impression it will be a largely religious perspective on the trade, I did not feel like the religion was the focal point. The author did a really good job of keeping the focus on the girls and the trade, and simply mentioned how God fit into the story for him.

I loved that the author included hard facts and information in the text as well as including ways to help. So often when you read about a hardship there are simply links to a single website or charity that can help. This one gave real information and ways to help, besides simply donating money.

I finished this book feeling hope about changes that could be made one girl, one child, one case at a time. Although it would be easy to end on a down note, I think the author did a great job of ending with a positive message of even one girl saved is one life changed.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God in a Brothel.

08/23/2011 page 120
63.0% "This book is pretty heavy, but I am making my way through."
show 2 hidden updates…