Judi's Reviews > Stolen Justice

Stolen Justice by D.J. Gross

Jul 16, 11

bookshelves: 2011, gym-read, e-book, july, rom-suspense, favorites
Read from July 13 to 14, 2011

Wow! Loved this book from start to finish. For anyone who enjoys Romantic Suspense - this is a must read and for .99 on Amazon, you'd be crazy not to read it.

Sometimes the best books are the ones you have no expectations about, don’t even know anything about and discover quite by accident. I was trolling through Amazon, checking out .99 books and noticed Stolen Justice had quite a few good 5 star reviews. I’ve never heard of this author, but the blurb sounded good and since romantic suspense if my favourite genre, for .99 even if it stunk - no big deal.

Stolen Justice is like a little gem I discovered and it is as far from a stinker as you can get. I loved it!

A sure sign for me about how much I like a book is when I want to read it to the exclusion of doing all else. I was sitting in the dentist office on Friday afternoon and all I could think about was "hurry up so I can get out of this chair so I can finish reading Stolen Justice. I also knew before I was ½ way finished reading that I would be giving it 5 stars.

Laura Danvers is a nerdy geek, Bill Gates smart computer chick and she’s got a plan to bring down a scumbag. To execute her plan she’s going to need JT Flynn and his “crew” to make that happen.

This book was non-stop action with an Ocean’s 11/12 or Mission Impossible feel to it. The plan to bring down Ibank CEO and humanitarian Rob Autrey who is also the scum of the earth running a secret underground website that launders money and is involved in the sex trade (again the “IT” topic of a lot of books I’ve read this year) was complicated, elaborate and dangerous.Laura had the necessary goods on JT and his team to gain his compliance (what’s a little blackmail between friends?) and although JT was pissed at being blackmailed, he felt he had no choice but to agree to help Laura even if it meant risking his team.

JT runs the heist of a famous Van Gogh painting in Rob’s possession like a precise military operation. Every member of his team has a job and he runs a tight ship as the leader of his pack. In reality Laura is the brains behind the operation and she may just have kept a few pertinent details from JT...ohhh boy did she! The twists and turns and secrets revealed as the story progressed kept me on edge and kept me riveted to my IPOD and swiping the pages. Lots of things I didn’t see coming.

The planning and heist take place over only a couple of days and the pace and action is frantic. I loved JT and Laura, the secondary characters in the crew were compelling and the entire story was one of the best RS I’ve read in a while. I scoured the interwebz to see if I could find out if DJ Gross had another book but no luck - I couldn’t even find a webpage for her. I hope she releases another book soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen Justice.

07/13/2011
48.0% "This book is great! I'm only 1/2 way thru but I can't see how I'm not giving it 5 stars" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jill I'm starting this one. And apparently she has another coming out soon - Hidden Justice.

Judi I can't wait to hear what you think! I hope you like it as much as I did. I'm glad to see she has another book coming out. I wonder if it's about one of the other memebers of the team? I would guess yes. Where did you find the info?

Jill Hi Judi, I'm 50% done and you're right, it is very good.
Here's her website -

I got to it via Smashwords. And yes, my guess is the next (and the next) book will be about the other team members.

Judi Jill thanks for the link. I got another gem on Amazon that is absolutely fabulous as well and only $1.99. It's Found Wanting by Joyce Lamb. OMG soooo good!

Jill Thanks Judi, just downloaded it. Great books + great prices = irresistible.

Judi It is sooo good. Now I can't wait for you to start it and see what you think!

message 7: by Jill (last edited Jul 18, 2011 03:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Judi, finished Stolen Justice and gave it 4 stars. It was very good! I think the thing I liked the most was that it was so very different to anything else I've read in R/S. Thanks for the recommendation. I won't have time to put up a review but have recommended people read your review.

Cathy Speight I loved this book ! I could not put it down - so glad the author is writing another book.

Judi Jill I am so glad you enjoyed it!

Catherine: I loved it as well. I did find the author's website (thx Jill), but I couldn't find any info on the next book yet.

Cathy Speight I've just found that Joyce Lamb book and one'clicked it ! I do love R/S.

message 11: by Judi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judi OMG! That book Found Wanting was AWESOME! I don't think I have ever read a book with a heroine like Alaina. For me this was a 5+++ stars! Let me know what you think.