Ebookwormy's Reviews > Sin, Salvation, and the Christian Life

Jul 13, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: kids-earlyreaderelementary, bible, christian-church
Read on July 01, 2011 — I own a copy

While it is true that much of our theological foundation stems from the Genesis account, this book is best when dealing with questions more directly related to Genesis. The questions are pretty engaging, but I think that is because this book seems to feature "older"/ more mature questions that are regularly discussed among adults. And therein lies the problem with the brief format. The answers to these deep, substantial inquiries are short and somewhat less satisfying to an adult mind. In addition, there are many other resources that are dealing with these questions, making this one not as unique.

I am extremely pleased with the first two installments of this series. They make a unique contribution to our thinking and are focused on the specific questions that arise from a study of Genesis. However, I could have passed on the last two, including this one. But, since we have it, I will keep it and use it, though not as intentionally as the first two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sin, Salvation, and the Christian Life.