Andrew S Taylor's Reviews > Armed Madhouse: From Baghdad to New Orleans--Sordid Secrets and Strange Tales of a White House G one Wild

Armed Madhouse by Greg Palast

M 50x66
Mar 23, 08

Recommended to Andrew S by: Myself
Recommended for: Everyone who can read
Read in March, 2008

Terrific investigative work from Palast as always. What I like most about GP is that he is not partisan or PC, and is willing to dish it out to both parties (I'm one of those leftists who likes to see Clinton fans squirm uncomfortably). Even more refreshingly, he takes the time to get past the usual, half-baked conspiracy theories surrounding the Iraq war (for instance), and only after meticulous scrutiny of the available facts, will put together his version of the "what really happened" narrative. In the case of the Iraq invasion by Bushco, his explanation is an lot less satisfying, and a lot more messy, from a ideological (or anti-ideological) standpoint, but is has a credible sense of reality to it. My only complaint is that Palast sometimes throws information at the reader with firehose velocity, so that I have to read more slowly than I normally would, despite the simple, conversational prose.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armed Madhouse.