Alycia Morales's Reviews > The Muir House

The Muir House by Mary E. DeMuth

Jul 13, 11

bookshelves: fiction-reads, zondervan, favorite-reads
Read from June 27 to July 09, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Mary DeMuth has written a page-turner that had me holding my breath as I turned the next page. I questioned, "What happens next?" more than once throughout reading The Muir House.

Meet Willa Muir. An interior decorator who's been "cutting" since she was a young girl. A woman afraid to commit her life to another, because she has a hole in her existence. She can remember every year of her life, but one...

Hale wants to marry Willa, as well as see her whole. He's reminded her of her need for Jesus, but he can't convince her to marry him. So he lets her go.

As Willa returns to the Muir House in Texas, will she be able to fill the hole in her past, find forgiveness for those who've never loved her, and find her home?

I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Muir House by Mary DeMuth. DeMuth's characters are so real they could live next door. One of the things I love about her writing is how much truth about human nature is embedded in every word she puts on the page. This is what keeps me turning pages like I check my facebook home page. I want to know what happens next. I want to see what's going on in her character's lives. I want more. And I get it.

Mary has a way of writing that keeps the answers a chapter away. In order to find out what the new connection is, one has to keep reading. She mentions one thing at the start of the book, and it isn't until the end that it all comes together and back around to the first thing.

I highly recommend The Muir House for summer reading or your Christmas wish list. Then pass it on to a friend. I know I'm going to!

*Disclaimer* I received my copy of The Muir House from Zondervan via Mary DeMuth. I wasn't required to write a positive review, but I couldn't help myself. The quality of writing is superb!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Muir House.