Mason's Reviews > The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse

The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse by Robert Rankin

Aug 04, 11

Read from July 13 to 25, 2011

In reading some criticism of this book, I found someone who described this mystery (and its sequel)as having better prose than it does plot. I think this is a remarkably accurate way to describe the book. At times the plot can get pretty absurd (even for a book about talking toys and murdered nursery rhyme characters), and some of the twists are so out of left field that it's actually kind of frustrating. However, the language is really entertaining, and at times the way Rankin plays with words is downright genius. Nonetheless, it took me nearly a month to get through this mass-market paperback because the plot just didn't suck me in at all. I've heard Robert Rankin described as a British Terry Goodkind - I wish I would have learned that particular piece of information before I started reading the book, as I'm not much of a Goodkind fan. Overall, the book was fun at times, but not particularly memorable for me.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse.