Franck's Reviews > The Black Lung Captain

5772074
Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: read-2012
Read from February 10 to March 28, 2012

Great book! Pure fun from start to finish, with not a single boring or filler chapter to complain about (this was something that bothered me a bit in the first book. I enjoyed it but there were some scenes that I had to force myself to read through).

Chris Wooding's work on character development in this one is absolutely great. He takes a pretty basic cast and in the span of 400 pages manages to make us fall in love with almost all of them (even the ones that are supposed to be the villains).

This is a solid 4 stars book, and if the series keeps improving at this rate, I might end up putting it on the same shelf as the Dresden Files: the kind of series that you force yourself to read slowly, one book a time, because you don't want to discover one night at 3 AM after turning the last page of the latest volume that you'll have to wait for the next one to be published before you can reunite with the characters that you grew fond of and became almost real in your mind(if that makes any sense).
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Lung Captain.