inga's Reviews > Vampire Knight, Vol. 1

Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino

May 08, 15

bookshelves: manga-graphic-novels, reviewed-feeling-v-witty, boarding-school-academy, guilty-pleasure, i-cried, read-more-than-once, time-travel-reincarnation, reviewed-2011, oh-lala-forbidden-romance, vamps-shape-shifter
Recommended for: No one, save yourself the time and disappointment
Read in October, 2008 — I own a copy, read count: 3 or 4 times - or maybe 100 times

This review covers more than the first volume.

A few years back, I was so enamored by this series that I read the first three volumes over and over again.
But as the series progressed, it kinda lost its spark.

(view spoiler)

Update June 2013:
To be honest, I wouldn't bother with this series if I were you, as it totally loses its steam and direction halfway through, and nothing happens anymore besides everyone being miserable and making everyone else's life hell in the most boring way possible.
Think the end of Katekyo Hitman Reborn! sucked? Then you clearly haven't read the very last chapter of VK. Go ahead, read it, you will be sorry for all the time you invested in this manga. I know I am. I'm a little sad too, as VK was one of the very first manga series I came to love. I guess I was just expecting too much from it. Save yourself the time and keep away from this mess. Either way, if you like Zero or Kaname, I assure you, you will not be satisfied.

Rating of the first few volumes: 5 stars

Rating of every volume past volume 5 or so: 1 star

Overall: 2.5 stars
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Knight, Vol. 1.

01/19/2014 marked as: manga-graphic-novels

Linz Although I prefer Zero over Kaname, and he's pretty much the only reason I read anything (and he got really annoying towards the end, too), I agree with absolutely everything you said. Ending sucked.