Alison's Reviews > Run from Fear

Run from Fear by Jami Alden

Mar 16, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from March 11 to 12, 2012

I’ve been dying to read this book since I finished Hide from Evil. I really wanted to see how Talia and Rosario were doing after they escaped Maxwell. I also wanted to see Jack again because…YUM! I didn’t love it as much as I thought I would.

Jack gets 5 stars from me. He is awesome…he’s protective of Rosie and Talia and has been secretly looking out for them for years. Yes, he has a thing for helping wounded women and has a temper, but ever since he helped Talia escape Nate Brewster he’s been looking out for her and trying to smooth out her transition from safe house to real world.

Talia is a completely different woman than we originally met. Now she dresses conservatively, lives in a modest home, and tries not to attract attention. She did get on my nerves though. To me Talia spent too much time dwelling on the past, her guilt, and worrying Jack would only see her for her mistakes…yada-yada-yada. When Talia finds out Jack had been secretly helping her she kicks him out, even though he begs for her forgiveness. I understand being mad…she wanted to make it on her own, but I think she shoulda cut him some slack. I do have to respect her love for Rosario; there is nothing she wouldn’t do for her baby sister.

It was nice to get to know Rosario (Rosie); she seems to have weathered the Maxwell storm pretty well. Rosie is a freshman at Stanford and is experiencing all a new college student should…crappy boyfriend, struggling with classes, etc. I have to give props to Talia for working so hard to shield Rosario from as much of the nastiness as she could.

The villain is not a surprise in this book…we know who he is and his plan, so there was not as much suspense. I was worried when he finally made his move, how it would all work out.

I'm excited to see what Jami Alden will do next...I am very interested in a few of the men we have met in this series. I hope some of the other men of Gemini Security get a book, or maybe even Kara from the first book in the Gemini series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Run from Fear.