Cinnapatty's Reviews > Brave Girl Eating

Brave Girl Eating by Harriet  Brown

Jul 13, 11

Well, I don't know how to rate this book. I didn't really "like" it because who likes to read about such a life ravaging disease? I could give it five stars because it can be a life-changing book. I'll settle for four stars.

A friend, whose daughter is suffering from anorexia right now, recommended this book to me. I am still jaw to the ground. I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who knows anyone who suffers with an eating disorder. It is a glimpse into the life of a family and their trials and experiences with their daughter, their doctors, their insurance, each other. It is exceptionally educational. The author drops one 'f' bomb in the book but it is not a crude book. I think if I experienced what she did I would drop more than one.

I thought I knew what anorexia was. Little did I know. I would never, ever, ever, wish this illness upon even my worst enemy.

It was a page turner for me because I wanted to know what happened. I wanted to see the progress. I wanted to find out how things turned out as the years passed! Some days I was just too saturated and had to stop reading, but I couldn't stop reading.

My husband asked me "Why would you want to read a book like that?" For the knowledge, for the hope, for the validation as a parent, for the understanding.

Again, I say, a must read for anyone associated with anyone suffering from an eating disorder.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brave Girl Eating.