~Tina~'s Reviews > Half-Blood

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Oct 13, 2011

bookshelves: own-copy, favorites, mythology, paranormal, young-adult, read-2011, e-book, jennifer-rocks
Read from October 11 to 13, 2011

What a fantastic and sensational book!!
Half Blood has everything I look for in a read and more. Remarkable writing, an intriguing plot, a kickass protag, swoon worthy characters, forbidden love, hope and a fate destined.
I absolutely loved this book!!

Alex is such a great character, but what I love most about her is that she has so much more potential to grow and be the person that I know she can become. Aiden is my favorite kind of sexy. Strong, loyal and smoldering and brooding never looked so good on a person. I love and hate the whole forbidden romance thing going on. Armentrout makes it feel like there isn't any wiggle room for these two, but I'm determined to believe that she'll find a way. With chemistry like these two share would be an awful waste for anything less. Caleb is also a favorite of mine, so no matter what happens in the up coming books, please for the love of the Gods, don't kill him!!!!
Seth took a bit to like, he played obnoxious really really well. I don't know what will happen now that Alex and Seth are bonded like they are, but I'm excited and worried at the same time.
This book did remind me of Vampire Academy. A lot. But it's not why I loved it. At first I was worried that I was only enjoying myself so much cause I miss VA, but as the story went on it didn't feel like that anymore. It became it's own story with it's own original characters and I quickly fell in love with every single element that this book has to offer.

I don't really know what else to say except that I really just loved this!! It was such a blast to read and became an instant favorite. I simply can't wait to find out what happens next!

More please!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half-Blood.

message 1: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic I can't wait for this twinie after Alexa's review :)

~Tina~ I know! She made it sound like awesomesauce! Hehe!

Alexa Really want to know what you guys will think of it. :D

And what you'll think of Aiden. ;D teehee

Alexa Hope you enjoy! X3

~Tina~ Really LOVING this!!

Arlene This book is soooo good!! Glad you're enjoying it. :)

~Tina~ Man I so wish I wasn't working tonight!! ~ stomps foot~

Arlene Awesome review Tina! I felt the same way about Seth. So curious how that's all going to play out. I agree about VA, completely. But this was so good in its own way too. XD Glad you loved it.

~Tina~ I would have written a better review but my heads so stuffy that this is all it could come up with:p
I really wish I had the second book...and the third and forth right now. Such an amazing story!! GAH!

Arlene Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. :(

I know me too. I want them all NOW!! :P

~hands Tina tissues and hot chocolate~

Alexa YAY! Very happy you loved it, Tina. I knew you would. ;) Cannot freakn' wait for the next book either!
I like Seth (because he's funny), but not for Alex. :D Really curious how the author is going to work that one out.

~Tina~ Mmmmmm hot chocolate ~gulps~

I ended up liking Seth in the end, but yeah, he was a bit annoying in the beginning. Very in your face when all I wanted in my face was Aiden ~.o ~swoon~ lol

6 and half more months to go!?!? Nooooooooooo!!

Arlene Aiden!! Yup, he was pretty good in this book. SIX months??!! Noo!!! We have to do a group read on this one. :D

~Tina~ For Surrrrre!!:)

Amber awesome review Tina! Dang, I am looking forward to this now too. Did you get the jump and down feeling after reading it??

~Tina~ Not so much as jump up and down then pacing back and forth wanting the NEXT BOOK!!
I hate waiting:(

message 17: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Tina, did it feel like a rip off of Vampire Academy?

~Tina~ I'm not gonna lie Sophie, it does have staggering similarities to VA, yes. BUT, as the story moves on it does come together and becomes it's own story with characters that I was very much invested in:)

Sayjil this book has alot of similarities to VA but its better, different plot, better characters and as you continue to read the book you find out thay it may of the similarites don't matter because the prose is way better than VA was. don't get me wrong i'm a Richelle Mead fan but VA wasn't perfect.

~Tina~ VA was better in my opinion, but your right, this book as a lot to offer and I enjoyed it very much:)

Amber Awesome review sis! "Aiden is my favorite kind of sexy" You got that right! lol

~Tina~ Thankies:) Yup, Aiden is yum. Can't wait till Pure!!