Bev's Reviews > I Think I Love You

I Think I Love You by Allison Pearson

Jul 25, 11

liked it
bookshelves: audio-version

There were several prominent teen idols during my adolescence (including Bobby Sherman and Donny Osmond), but David Cassidy was my guy of choice, and I was a huge fan of The Partridge Family. With that feathered hair, slim physique and mischevious smile, David was so dreamy! The Welsh girls in this novel, however, surpass my fandom tenfold; their devotion to David is, to put it mildly, "beyond the pale." It's no wonder, then, that listening to this book was great fun for me. Petra, the main character, was the exact same age I was in 1974, and I could relate to her insecurity during the early stages of her teen years. The first half of the novel is all about the obsession Petra and her friends have for DC and their experience attending a concert that gets out of control. The second half of the book takes place in the 1990s, when Petra is an adult dealing with the death of her mother and an unexpected divorce, and there are elements of the story that come full circle by the end. This is no great literary masterpiece, so I gave it three stars, but I would rate it 3.5-4 stars for my enjoyment factor. I'd highly recommend it to women in my generation who, back in the day, experienced their first stirrings of love through the "hunks" on the pages of Tiger Beat.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Think I Love You.