Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada's Reviews > Fury

Fury by Elizabeth  Miles

Sep 05, 14

bookshelves: arc, 2011, bought-online, for-review, from-publishers
Read in July, 2011 — I own a copy

This book is sectioned off into three acts, which give the reader a little backstory on all the ins and outs at Ascension High. They include Emily Winters, a popular, yet studious girl who is best friends with Gabby, the most popular girl in school. The only problem? She falls for Gabby’s boyfriend Zach. Then there’s Chase Swinger, captain of the football team who happens to live in a poorer section of town who wants nothing but to keep his status as the leader of the pack. But these two characters are holding secrets of their own, and three girls with mysterious powers are creating a little bit of chaos to make sure they get their just deserves.

Quite shocking to read about some of the inner workings of a high school pecking order because I really couldn’t believe how mean these popular kids are to the “freaks” and the loners, whom they deem classmates. Sure it’s nice to read about their POV but i couldnt find anything nice about any of the other characters. Quite simply put: they’re mean and selfish. They know the consequences of their actions, yet they do it anyway! It made me shake my head a couple of times. Yikes!

It did touch upon a lot of key points, friendship, suicide, depression, paranormal, homophobia and loads of drama. If YA paranormal novels are your thing, give it a try. It did entertain me quite a bit, so the author did her job well.

RATING 3/5
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fury.