Cheryl's Reviews > What I Learned When I Almost Died: How a Maniac TV Producer Put Down His Blackberry and Started to Live His Life

What I Learned When I Almost Died by Chris Licht

2079470
Jul 13, 11

bookshelves: adult-nonfiction, biography-memoir
Read in July, 2011

When Chris Licht learned about the survival rates for people who have suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage, he knew how fortunate he was to be alive. The executive producer of MSNBC's Morning Joe program had just wrapped up another show in April of 2010 when he heard something pop inside his head. The 38 year old had been in perfect health--in fact had never been hospitalized-- but decided to go to the emergency room at George Washington University hospital. Thus began his fight to survive. Chris Licht writes an honest memoir about his life and the realization of his childhood dream to work in television. But after his recovery, he began to assess what was really important in life. He shares these thoughts in this moving book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What I Learned When I Almost Died.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Oh, my...never even heard about this. Where was I?
Great review.

Cheryl Thanks, Carol. It's very new. I really enjoyed reading it. It's not very long, but well worth reading!