Ridley's Reviews > Sweet Annie

Sweet Annie by Cheryl St.John

I was really enjoying this story of a disabled woman breaking out of her shell and demanding people see her as the fully-actualized woman she was, until the author went and annoyed me at the end. Until then, it was a lovely story of two people who left lasting impressions on each other as children falling in love many years later as adults. Luke was patient, determined and kind as he encouraged Annie to live life on her own terms. Both laughed, loved and enjoyed life just a little bit more in each other's presence. They were an object lesson in seeing beneath the surface. She a banker's daughter, and he a mere farrier.

The story's weaknesses were a tendency to blandly tell instead of show and a frustrating hiccup at the end where Annie reverts to a weak, self-pitying creature.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Annie.

07/12/2011
60.0% "I stupidly peeked at this one last night at 12. 3am came fast. #idontlearn"
07/12/2011
91.0% "Man, this is one hell of a stupid, stupid "twist" at the end. Way to make the heroine an idiot just to hold the ending off for a few pages." 1 comment