FlibBityFLooB's Reviews > Fun with Dick and Shane: Memoirs of a Houseboy

Fun with Dick and Shane by Gillibran Brown

This was a fascinating and extremely funny non-fictional look into the life of a 24 year old Brit who lives with two older men as a houseboy/lover/sub. He was definitely the epitome of a sassy brat, and spent almost as much time getting spanked for misbehaving as he did expounding on the difficulties and joys of life.

Honestly, it's hard to imagine how Dick and Shane could put up with Gilli's constant antics, but I can only imagine how much they must love him. Vaccuuming in the middle of the night... Throwing chickens like frisbees... Constantly getting off track in his train-of-thoughts. I laughed out loud at Gilli throughout his journaling, but I also felt a lot of compassion for him and his trials and tribulations. I really am looking forward to reading the next book that Gillibran Brown wrote about his life.

On a side note -- the author is called 'Gilli' by his partners, and I was constantly hearing in my head the SNL Skit where the teacher calls "Gilly" in a stern voice over and over to a extremely misbehaving troublemaker.

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fun with Dick and Shane.

07/19/2011