Karla's Reviews > Maverick

Maverick by Lora Leigh

Jul 13, 11

bookshelves: 2011, at-nook, favorites, 5-suspense
Read from July 12 to 13, 2011

Micah Sloane lives only for revenge. The revenge against the man who killed his family including him and is now threatening the life of the woman who has fascinated since he laid eyes on her the first time and is now quickly becoming more than a means to an end.
Risa Clay survived hell. Her father was a monster who submitted her to hell for two years. But she's remembering what she shouldn't and has become a target. After one night of trying to reclaim her life ending in disaster she's being forced to remember to save her life and pretend to draw the monsters in the dark out to get her, while trying to hold on to her sanity, her control and her heart.

I really liked this story, mostly because Micah reminded me of Kell (my favorite Seal). I was looking forward to a story for Risa after what happened to her. Her character was nothing like I expected her, I really liked her. The were some things in the story I didn't like, like the similarities with other books and somethings left hanging, but they weren't enough to get me to hate the book or give it anything less than a deserved 5 star rating.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maverick.

Tonya Gentry I like this one too. Kell is my favorite out of all of them but I also like RENEGADE, HEAT SEEKER, BLACK JACK & LIVEWIRE. I really like Macy's story (ATLANTA HEAT). He was one of my favorite characters. I wish he had gotten a whole book instead of a novella. I loved him in Clint & Morganna's book.