Jess's Reviews > A Perfect Storm

A Perfect Storm by Lori Foster

Feb 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012, net-galley, lori-foster
Read from February 15 to 16, 2012

I've been waiting for this book to come out since the character of Arizona Storm was introduced. I was really excited to read it and also a little nervous that she would get the book that she deserved. I should be ashamed of myself for not having more faith in Foster's abilities.

Arizona Storm has had a really tough life and knows that the one thing that will her to move on with her life is to make sure that what happened to her doesn't happen to anyone else. So despite the men in her life's (Trace, Dare and Jackson from the previous three books) desire to keep her safe and protected, Arizona goes out to stop human traffickers. When she finds a potential trafficking ring, she decides to find someone who can help her take them down. Enter Spencer (Spence) Lark. He's a bounty hunter that has loose connections with the alpha trio. He also is having a hard time controlling himself when around Arizona and when she asks him to partner with her he can't do anything except yes. Especially since whenever he's around her, his brain turns to mush. Spencer also takes it upon himself to help Arizona become more comfortable around men and this leads to some really great scenes.

I really admire Foster for putting this story out and doing such a great job of addressing some serious issues. Some authors might have just glossed over Arizona's past and made her just "be happy". However, Foster took the time to think about how an abused and mistreated woman would go about trying to move on with her life and regain her sexuality and trust in people again. I'm really glad she did so because otherwise the book wouldn't have felt genuine.

Also great was seeing the alpha male trio again. It was like meeting an old friend for drinks and catching up on their lives. I loved seeing them with their other halves and getting a glimpse at their happiness. Chris was also a nice male specimen and I only wish that he could have his own book. Maybe even a short story in an anthology or something, but I think he deserves a happily ever after. Especially after all the help he gave to the men and women in the book.

Great series, and I definitely suggest reading it if you enjoy romantic suspense. This book gets a double thumbs up and 5 stars from me!

Thanks to netgalley for giving me this copy to read and review, compliments of Harlequin

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Storm.