Danni's Reviews > Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Jul 13, 11

Recommended for: Anyone and Everyone!
Read from July 12 to 13, 2011, read count: 1

Divergent is set in a world where the people have split into five factions, each casting out the one human trait they believe caused so much suffering. The Abnegation blame suffering on selfishness, and so they are selfless. Dauntless on cowardice and so they are brave. Erudite on ignorance, and so they strive for knowledge. Amity on violence, and so they are peaceful. And Candor of dishonesty, and so they are honest. At the age of sixteen every child must choose what faction they will join. They can stay in the faction they were born into, or transfer to another faction. Either way, they must pass initiation and become a member or risk becoming factionless, a fate many consider worse than death. But what happens when the test designed to tell you where you belong fails? What happens when you join a faction that is barely a glimmer or what it once stood for? And what happens when the perfect world starts to crumble around you.

I loved this book. And I mean loved. In the 'I couldn't stop thinking about it even when I was at work and just wanted to pull out my book and read it until I finished' kind of way. It was absolutely perfect.

Tris. Oh Tris. How can I even think of taking apart this character. I can't. Because I loved her. Everything about her. Every insecurity. Every ounce of rage. Every little piece of happiness I felt right along with her. I wanted to jump into the book and train as a Dauntless initiate too! (Though, I would most likely have not survived.)

My favorite character, however, was Four. I knew who he was pretty much almost immediately. (I'm not going to tell you who, cause I hate spoilers) but I was okay knowing. Most of the time I groan over how predictable it was, and yet, I didn't mind in the slightest.

None of that really matters though. What matters is figuring out if the next book in the series is out yet, or when it does come out if it's not. What matters is getting my hands on it as soon as possible, because I don't know how long I can survive without knowing their fates. That's what matters. Enjoy the book! I gotta go!! ^.~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.