N.T. Embe [Moved to Leafmarks]'s Reviews > V.B. Rose Volume 12

V.B. Rose Volume 12 by Banri Hidaka

Jul 12, 11

bookshelves: manga
Recommended to N.T. Embe by: Ine Terazue
Recommended for: People who love AMAZING endings to the worst emotional rollercoasters ever. (And Mitsu fans~)
Read on July 12, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Wow. Just... wow! *Laughs happily* After that last volume and all the pain and hurt it ended with, I'm completely shocked by what happened here! I can't believe it could happen like that! I can't believe it happened so fast! I can't believe what HE did! I can't believe how they acted! Oh... my GOODNESS! *Blushes and twirls dizzily~!* Guys, you soooo have to read this series. I can't express to you how much it blows me away, and how awesome every single PART of it is! I wish you guys would stop listening to me and actually listen to me by going to get this manga for yourself! I know it's very hard to track down. 3 That always made me sad. But it's in more places than you might think! Ask your library or bookstore to order it for you! Then take a glance through it before you decide!! But remember those warnings about the beginning of the series! It starts slow and may come off initially as annoying. But God... when you're up to parts like these... you're completely swept up in the amazing-ness of it all. *Laughs and claps her hands*

Dude! It's SO epic! It's SOOOO epic!! You should all absolutely pick up this manga and give it the chance it deserves! If you read at least past the first three volumes and are not enjoying this series, then I don't know what to say other than: READ UP TO THE HALF POINT! (That would be Volume 7, my friends! And do we remember how epic Volume 7 was? We SHOULD~~~! XD) I'm seriously a major advocate for this manga! I know that if you love series like Fruits Basket then you're going to loooove this one! It has a lot of differences from Takaya-sensei's series, and they're both their own separate entities, but while they both take different routes to create great stories, they achieve the same enjoyable epic-ness that Fruits Basket became famous for. Now V.B. Rose just needs the support of crazy fangirls like myself to help boost its reputation! XD

So what can I say about this volume? Well we start off with more things concerning Mitsu and his past, especially the times that he knew Tsuyu. We get to see a lot of how they met, and also how they eventually lost contact with each other. The past follows Mitsu's side of the story since we've seen a lot of Tsuyu's side in previous volumes (and the last one) and it goes all the way from elementary school up until they meet again in high school. It's really nice because a lot of the things that I was flipping out about just in the last few volumes about how I didn't understand Mitsu's actions at all, nor Tsuyu's, no matter how hard I looked at them, were finally explained. Mitsu finally gets to share his thoughts and feelings with us, and suddenly we begin to understand everything we've seen from the beginning of this series up until this very point. You're sitting there every few pages and are struck with memories of times where he acted a certain way and you just couldn't figure out what the motive behind it was. We get that all explained to us step by patient step in this volume, and it's an amazing read when you get to see a character so complex and so profound revealed to us. And Mitsuya Kuromine only becomes more profound once we find out his feelings. They are unlike anything else expressed to us in this series. And to me... they are vivid and painful, but also beautiful, passionate, and full of power.

Kuromine-san has become a new man in my eyes after reading this volume, and the love that I had for him has expanded to include a deep-rooted and unshakable respect. Whether he grew or not, I can't say. I think in the end though, he was hiding this from us for so long. Just like Tsuyu was a little bit. But Kuromine-san especially. He was always this amazing man. We just couldn't see it because he didn't show it to us. When you finally see it all come, and man... the way it comes out...! *Smiles and sits back in her seat, looking into the distance thoughtfully as she runs over the memories* I must have read that part over ten times before I even put up my status updates as comments. And then another few times before I moved on in the actual manga. It was one of the best parts in this entire series. Seriously, it puts this volume on the same level of intense awesome as my other favorite, Volume 8. These two, Volumes 8 and 12, are my all time favorite volumes in this entire series. And I can't say a lick of what happened because it'll spoil the entire gosh darn thing for you readers. *Grins warmly* You seriously are missing out for not reading this series. Just saying. I know, for like the millionth time. <3 But you really are. It's so good. Just so, so good. I want everyone in the world to read this series. *Laughs* And I know that's a high mark to hit, and I probably never will. But that's how much it means to me. And how amazing it is to me. <3 I just have to share it with the world, or at least you GoodReaders. *Laughs*

Anyway, back to the manga itself. Hidaka-sensei has a great sense of balance as usual. After the majority of the manga is filled with this immense revelation, we get a very hilarious concoction of humor in the ending parts. <3 It's so great to see her once more easing our hearts after a ridiculously emotional roller-coaster ride through this volume and the one before it. Not to mention she did a spectacularly considerate thing and wrote only two side panels in the entire volume, and then only at breaks where it wouldn't be interrupting any of the intense moments. Which, considering what was happening throughout most of this volume, was VERY much appreciated! Ahh, there are so many compliments and things I want to say! I can't! Because I want every single one of you to live through all the same moments I did with the same freshness and love that I went through. I will tell you this: By the time you're done reading this volume, your heart will be full of so many wonderful feelings. Somehow, someway, everything winds up better at the end than at the beginning. And you'll never know how much the better until you read it for yourselves. So do yourself, and Hidaka-sensei who wrote this great series, and also me a favor, and get this series already so you can see just how epic it is. <3

I want to make one more side note! Since I don't have Volume 13 yet, and I don't know the release date for the last volume, Volume 14, I may not update this for a while yet with my last two reviews. But for those of you following them, please don't wait for them all to be out. Just read them now. If enough time passes, you might even do like me and read them through from beginning to the end again then. <3 But whenever I get my hands on the next two volumes, I will come back to you with reviews and status updates aplenty. *Smiles warmly* For now, let our separation be hopefully brief! Go out and try this great story! I truly hope you'll love it as much as I do! <3
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read V.B. Rose Volume 12.

07/12/2011 page 0
0.0% "I absolutely -must- read this volume now. After the way the last one left off, there's NO possible way I can stop myself! Come with me and enjoy the journey! MAN I'M EXCITED! And nervous! Ohhhh gooosh! Let's go see what happens! *Grabs your hand and runs!*"
07/12/2011 page 21
10.0% "...I know the feeling. Parents... are always wanting their kids to grow up, huh? And to take responsibilities, and life, seriously. They're trying to look out for us, but.... Sometimes... it just brings pain. *Shakes her head* ...I wish... she would have opened up about this. I really do.... Maybe she was just... too young."
07/12/2011 page 22
11.0% "...yeah. *Has grown up with parents who think the worst of you simply because you aren't getting perfect grades across the board* ... *Hangs her head and closes her eyes quietly* ...there is a lot of pain inside me... because of growing up like that. *Hugs Tsuyu gently* ...I know what you're going through. -Completely.- *Says it heavily*"
07/12/2011 page 26
13.0% "*Tilts her head gently... and smiles* ...I'm thinking about... how -beautiful-... they are."
07/12/2011 page 27
13.0% "...now I understand... his pain. It's an agony that... is horrible to wait, so long... so -long- through! ...and then for that answer? ...my heart would be screaming. Breaking... crumbling into the depths of a void I hate to enter... and screaming. My mind would be screaming too. It would say: "You're lying." But would my voice say it? ... *Looks to Mitsu* ...would you say it?"
07/12/2011 page 34
16.0% "*Silently wraps her arms around Mitsu and embraces him, doesn't say a word, and reads on*"
07/12/2011 page 57
27.0% "Wow. Tsuyu-san really, REALLY sounds cool from how Yukari talks about her! She's so charming and such an oddball in person, and yet at the same time she's always had this strong creature inside of her! How epic is this!! <3333 I love hearing about this side of her! 8D And the way Mitsu said it, "this mystical creature," completely makes sense to me. *Smiles warmly* I see her that way too when Yukari talks about her."
07/12/2011 page 59
28.0% "...that hurt."
07/12/2011 page 60
29.0% "*Silently begins to smile* ...you go, Mitsuya-sama. I'm cheering on... the best in you. <3"
07/12/2011 page 61
29.0% "*Impressed with Mitsu*"
07/12/2011 page 62
30.0% "*Smiles thoughtfully* I've just realized...how this isn't a story just for men, or just for women. It's a story for the both of them. A story that shows them how both sides need to stand up and do the things that they don't want to do or are too scared to do. *Smiles* It shows them that getting up and saying how you feel...and standing by that, supporting that with determination and perseverance, is how we find love."
07/12/2011 page 66
32.0% "This is such a random side note, but I totally just noticed that the bag Tsuyu has is the one Ageha made for her. >3> ...just thought I'd point that out since I noticed it. <3"
07/12/2011 page 72
35.0% "._. ...I-I guess I can... see where she gets that idea from.... *Slowly sweatdrops* You know what, this is too much for me. =o=;; *Siiighs; keeps reading*"
07/12/2011 page 79
38.0% "o-o *Shivers and keeps reading* ...oh my God... Mitsu...."
07/12/2011 page 80
38.0% "*Stricken to the heart by the puppy look*"
07/12/2011 page 81
39.0% "*Heart leaps skywards* ...oh my God. H-He... he did it."
07/12/2011 page 82
39.0% "*Gasps and covers her mouth with her hands* ...again?! *Blushes*"
07/12/2011 page 83
40.0% "...God his words are hitting home so deeply. God, God, God! ...h-he! ... *Clings to something desperately* Mitsu!"
07/12/2011 page 85
41.0% "*Smiles faintly, deep warmth penetrating her look* ...I know what he's doing. He's teaching her."
07/12/2011 page 88
42.0% "She... *Smiles brightly; doesn't say another word*"
07/12/2011 page 93
45.0% "...........oh Kuromine-kun~ X3 ...why are you sooooooo epic? <3"
07/12/2011 page 95
46.0% "AND LOOK AT THE SMUG ASS YUKARI ON THE COVER PAGE FOR THE NEXT EPISODE! HAH! >8D IT'S LIKE THE BASTARD KNOWS EVERYTHING THAT JUST HAPPENED. WHAT AN ASS! >XDDD!! (Excuse my profanity~ XD I'm really happy. Which is odd, isn't it? X3 *Has a certain affectionate way of talking about people when they're being superior but awesome at the same time* <3)"
07/12/2011 page 97
47.0% "GACK! *SPITTING BLOOD AGAIN!* MITSU NEEDS TO STOP SURPRISING THE HECK OUTTA ME! KISSING YUKARI RIGHT SMACK DAB ON THE--*Shot* [We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please continue reading your manga with the assurance that no more spoilers will be distributed prematurely. Thank you.]"
07/12/2011 page 99
48.0% "LAWL. THEIR EXPRESSSSIONNNSSS. <3 Poor Ageha and Yukari have no idea what's about to hit them. XD Kinda like how YOU READERS don't have any idea what's GOING ON EITHER since you aren't READINGTHEMANGALIKEITOLDYOUTO! D8< GO GET THIS SERIES NOW! DX< So then you can flip out with me~! 8D TEEHEE~!! >XDDD <3"
07/12/2011 page 104
07/12/2011 page 106
51.0% "*Just read the text sent to Mitsu from Kana* ... *Cricket... cricket... cricket...* ...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Continues cracking up like a mad woman!!!!!!* THIS STUFF IS JUST TOO PRICELESS! TOO PRICELESS!!!! >X'DDDDDDD"
07/12/2011 page 112
54.0% "*Totally cracked up at the subtext beneath Mitsu and Ageha saluting each other* "Idiot Brigade" XDDDDDDDDDD!!! IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING TSENG WOULD SAY ABOUT ZACK!!!! <333333333 (Mooooore FFVII referencessss~~~~ <3)"
07/12/2011 page 118
57.0% "O______O!! ....an angry Mitsu.... *Shudders from the sudden chills* ... *Smirks slowly* Oooh~ I think I liiiike you this way, Mitsu. *Eyes gleam; totally loves the power readings coming from him* (What are you?! A Dragonball Z character?! Sorry readers about my oddball references! XD)"
07/12/2011 page 123
59.0% "YES! I love being the bad guy every once in a while! Besides, the bad guys nowadays are actually the good guys. *Huffs and stands straight* The rest of the world doesn't approve of the way we do things, so they shun us. I'm fine with being labeled the bad guy, but they're not going to get away with it~ <3 >83 We'll conquer, and they won't be able to do anything about it. *Laughs happily!* (Yes, I'm a bit awesome! XD)"
07/12/2011 page 125
60.0% "Whoa! 8D Nice cover for the next episode! Ageha! You look SOOO kickass in short-shorts and a turtlenecked, sleeveless belly shirt!! Not to mention, loooove the motorcycle gloves! <3 HAWT~! <3333"
07/12/2011 page 132
63.0% "HOLY COW! 8DDDD YUKARI!!! MAN he looks good in a waiter's outfit!!!!! AND GLASSES TOO?! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *Fangirling again!*"
07/12/2011 page 136
65.0% "Typo: "...looking forward to meeting* you.""
07/12/2011 page 148
71.0% "BAHAHAHAHAHAA!! >8'DDD Ageha totally tripped that smooth talking stuffed suit!!! <333"
07/12/2011 page 149
72.0% "Wow. Not only is he a smooth-talker, but he's a TWO-TIMING DICK TOO!!! D8< WHAT A TIME TO BE FLIRTING WITH OTHER WOMEN YOU ASSHAT! *Throws a brick at his head!*"
07/12/2011 page 151
73.0% "*Jaw drops... clean off her face* ...Y-Y-Y-Y-YUKARI?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! OH MY GOD. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?!!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!!??! OWO;; Ohhh am I going to die and go to hell for thinking he looks... REALLY, REALLLLLLLYYYYY good in that?!??!?!! ...Hidaka-sensei... I love you. You are the best. Just, the, best. <33333333"
07/12/2011 page 152
73.0% "Yukari, you are SUCH a man. <3 And not many men can say that looking the way you're looking now. ^____^"
07/12/2011 page 164
79.0% "Tsuyu has one of the best daddies in the world. <3 Look at how sweet and wonderful he is!! *Hugs him tightly* There are a lot of great fathers in this series, huh? *Smiles warmly* That is... so good to hear. <3 Hidaka-sensei, you must have had a great man in your life, didn't you, to have so many great male characters in your stories. <333 If not, then I will be wishing you the best man of your dreams! ^___^!! <3"
07/12/2011 page 169
81.0% "*Would have done EXACTLY the same thing Tsuyu did!* >XD Send them all to Kana now! Send them to her too!!!! <333 *Would LOOOOVE to hear Kana's reactions to THOSE*"
07/12/2011 page 170
82.0% "ROFL!!!! They all just completely ignore Yukari and are like, "LOOK! 8DD WE HAVE BLACKMAIL! WANT SOME?!" "YES PLEASE! SEND THEM ALL TO ME!!" XDDDDDDD These guys are so epic!"
07/12/2011 page 172
83.0% "Rofl! XD That guy's going to be scarred for life! See if he ever tries molesting a woman again now!! HAHAHAHAHAHA. <333"
07/12/2011 page 173
83.0% "PFFFFTTTT! KAZUHA-SAN WAS IN ON IT TOO!!! 8DDDD!!! This woman is so awesome. THAT'S IT. I'm TOTALLY reading I Hate You More Than Anyone the INSTANT that I'm done collecting V.B. Rose!!!! >W"
07/12/2011 page 175
84.0% "*___* <333 *Has had her breath and heart completely stolen away by Kazuha-san* Th-This woman!! ...is so COOL. *Swoons in her presence!*"
07/12/2011 page 176
85.0% "Awwhawhawwwwww~! The baby waved too! >W"
07/12/2011 page 180
87.0% "YAOI MOMENT! >XD"
07/12/2011 page 181
87.0% "*Smiles warmly*"
07/12/2011 page 184
88.0% "Best... ending... ever. <33333333 *Gushing with loooove!!*"
07/12/2011 page 208
100.0% "Can I just say this? Hidaka-sensei... you have SUCH gorgeous friends. *W* Soooo pretty!! <333 And I bet you're absolutely brimming with cuteness too! >W"

message 1: by Rain (new)

Rain Misoa There's a yaoi moment!? YES!!! Can't wait to read that! XD

This volume sounds like it can be both emotional and..... SEXY! At least... that's what I get from this. I want to see the history behind Tsuyu and Mitsu. It's going to be great! I can feeeeeeeel it! X3 Let's hope I'm right! XP

N.T. Embe [Moved to Leafmarks] Dude. It's EPIC. BEST YAOI MOMENT EVE--okay not really. Mitsu causes so many yaoi moments that you're going to flip. XD <3 I knoooow you're going to see them. And you're going to LOVE them. >8D

And yes! Oh my God! It's so totally both!!! IT IS GREAT. SOOOO GREAT!!!! XDDDD AHHHHHH! *Still riding her emotions from reading it the other day!!*

message 3: by Rain (new)

Rain Misoa *Flails* Why am I not even reading this yet!? I want to READ this NOW!!! I want to read all the yaoi I can get my hands on! >_< DX X3

I can't wait to read your other reviews for this series! Do it!!! NOW! Or... you know... real soon. X3

N.T. Embe [Moved to Leafmarks] THEY'RE NOT EVEN OUT YET! XD Actually, I'm going to NYC tomorrow! I can check! 8D And see if they have the 13th out!!! <333

message 5: by Rain (new)

Rain Misoa Do it! You can try and get it! Bwahahahahahahaha! I hope you can get your hands on it. ^_^

Girly22 You seem like a huge fan of VB Rose and so am I!!! :D

N.T. Embe [Moved to Leafmarks] Girly22 wrote: "You seem like a huge fan of VB Rose and so am I!!! :D"

I am!!! I'm a huge fan! It's such a shame that they're not going to be continuing the manga overseas! I was so hoping to see the rest of it finished! But with the companies that publish it going out of business, I doubt that we're going to ever get an English translation out.