Courtney's Reviews > Nowhere, Carolina

Nowhere, Carolina by Tamara Leigh

Jul 15, 11

bookshelves: christian-contemporary-fiction
Read on July 12, 2011

I just finished book one in the series and immediately started on book two, Nowhere Carolina. Nowhere Carolina is about Piper’s cousin Maggie and her daughter Devyn. Maggie became a mom right after her high school graduation and is struggling to raise her pre-teen daughter especially sense Devyn is starting to ask who her daddy is. Maggie is worried the past is going to come bite her in the tooshy when her old flame Reece shows up in town to help Uncle Obe build the sculpture.

Nowhere Carolina was my least favorite book of this series and might even be my least favorite book of Leigh all time! The most frustrating part of this book is relating to Maggie, the main character. I was so frustrated with the way she was handling the issues with her daughter Devyn, her past and ex-boyfriend from high school Reece. It took way too long for her to learn from her mistakes and to act like a grown-up instead of a selfish-teenager. It bothers me how Maggie tries to do solve her problems as indirectly as possible.

I am also pretty disappointed in the romance. I didn’t feel like the romance was all that great, there wasn’t much of a connection formed and I really found myself thinking “who cares” by the end of the book! I almost put the book down about half way through but I was planning on starting the next book in the series for the purpose of a blog tour and really wanted to finish it!

I did finish it but I didn’t enjoy most of it! The most enjoyable thing of this story is the side-stories that go on! I liked hearing how Uncle Obe was doing, and Trinity and all the other characters as well.

This is a great story about redemption and turning our sins into blessings. I just wish Maggie would have come to this conclusion way sooner!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nowhere, Carolina.