Kathrynn's Reviews > Pursuit

Pursuit by Elizabeth Jennings

Mar 28, 08

bookshelves: romance-suspense, own, 2008, favorites, theme-bodyguard, theme-former_military, reviewed, theme-hero_heartthrob
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
Recommended for: Romantic Suspense Readers
Read in March, 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one. Wonderful characters and very nicely written. I see this becoming a series: bodyguard, former military now in private security-type business/series. The author has a similar writing style to Cherry Adair--a lot of wordsmithing. I laughed at some of the metaphors. If you are looking for a steamy romance, it's not here; great story, great characters, great writing.

Refreshing to read a story where the main characters are attracted to each other and they immediately build upon that attraction. The story revolves around them as they get to know each other more. Matt was such a nice guy. I loved it when he started telling Charlotte how they would spend their day, then realized he needed to put more words into it....cute. Charlotte didn't say much, but when she did, she spoke volumes.

Uplifting read that left me smiling... ;-)
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pursuit.

Auntee Glad you enjoyed it Kathrynn! I hope it does turn into a series. You know she also writes books under the pen name Lisa Marie Rice. Those books tend to be more erotic, but all her heroes seem to be cut from the same cloth. Once they lay eyes on the heroine--boom--that's it! They gotta have her! :)

Kathrynn I'm going to look for more of her books under Lisa Marie Rice. Any that you recommend?

I thought it was funny when Matt was explaining (in great detail) the necessity of learning to shoot and she zoned him out. Started thinking about what colors to use for his portrait, backgrounds, etc. LOL

I'm reading Marliss Melton's new book now!

Auntee Loved her 'Midnight' series (Midnight Man, Midnight Run, Midnight Angel) "Midnight Angel" was probably my favorite--it was a beauty and the beast type story. She also has one out from last year that I liked and it's probably easier to find--called "Dangerous Lover". All the heroes of her books are either ex-military (usually SEALs) or in law enforcement (the better to protect the heroine). These books are definitely more erotic than "Pursuit" but nothing too extreme going on!

I was relieved when I finished "Don't Let Go" last night--I had a 'crying headache' all day after that one! (I'm such a wimp!)

Daisiemae This looks like my kind of book. I like it when the hero and heroine are immediately attracted to one another and build on that attraction. Plus, I love Lisa Marie Rice, so how can I go wrong with this one? I'll be adding this to my TBR wishlist mountain I have.

Kathrynn D.
I found my copy at Wal-Mart. Enjoy. I've marked the Lisa Marie Rice books Auntee mentioned "to buy."

Thanks Auntee!! For the book info and definitions. Sounds more like text message abbreviations, to me. LOL

p.s. She just moved into the boat!

Auntee She's toast now! :D