Holly's Reviews > Shift

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Jul 16, 11

bookshelves: death-ghosts, series
Read from July 13 to 16, 2011, read count: 1

Definitely better for me than the first one. There was more Zach (yummy), more Logan (sweetheart), and more of the other characters I can't help but feel for. Lovely.

When we left off, Logan had turned Shade. Now, Aura's doing everything in her power to bring him back like she did before. Once she does, Aura has to figure out why this happens and if she can save more ghosts from worse fates. On top of that, things with Zach are starting to warm up. She still loves Logan, but she sees herself with Zach more and more. But the universe just seems to conspire against them. Can Zach and Aura keep the DMP off their backs long enough to breathe?

I love how there's this awesome mix of mystery with government bad guys out to control everything they don't understand. On top of that, it's a love story and a story of loss and understanding. Practically everything you could want in a book is right here. Action, suspense, mystery, love, heartache. Bloody brilliant, as Zach would say.

I'm interested to see what's going to happen in the last book of this series. Unfortunately, that's a year away. Boo.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.