Navdha's Reviews > The Haunted

The Haunted by Jessica Verday

Jul 20, 11

Read from July 14 to 20, 2011

Hmmm. I don’t really know how to put my thoughts around this book. It was nice but still it did not please me all that much. The whole thing about falling in love with a ghost or a shade or whatever is absurd. But still just cause its Caspian and he is such a swoon-worthy shade, I think I can take it. Still its really sad to think about everything that he had to go through, all the nothingness and just holding on to Abbey for any feeling of being alive. He tried so hard not to freak her out and he did not really do anything very bad to be the darker part just as Nikolas mentioned. But I guess with respect to Abbey he definitely could be the darker one cause well honestly Abbey was a real nice hearted girl. Anyways the good thing about the book was that the author did not make Abbey forget all about Kristen. If that happened it would be really out of character. Also Caspian didn’t seem to be hanging around in her room all the time like it happens in most of the books I read. Caspian was a sweetheart all the while. Still if I were in Abbey’s place and a normal teenager and if a guy tried out those lines on me over and over I would either die laughing or avoid him to all extent. But considering Caspian’s case, he was so lost and his only ray of hope was Abbey, so it was fine by me. And at least Abbey did not just fall all over him even though she used to in her thoughts but still she had some sense of mind and knew how to act and joke about him being a pervert and stuff. So, moving on, Vincent being the bad guy here, I don’t really understand why he would try to keep Caspian and Abbey apart? What was his problem? And who were the other Reverants? If they were there to help then why did they not stop Vincent before? Didn’t they know about him? And who was Vincent being protected from and Why? Why? Why? New questions but still the old ones were answered. Still I don’t understand how Abbey could hug Nikolas and Abbey. And why can the Reverants touch the Shades? And what were they exactly? Were they alive? Or like dead or half-dead? It really took long for Abbey to figure it out and it annoyed me, seriously. Why couldn’t she put two and two together and why didn’t she realize that she could touch Nikolas anytime she wanted to and not Caspian? Weird. Ah, well, will have to wait for the next book to find out.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haunted.