Anna's Reviews > Tigers and Devils

Tigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy

This is the second time I read this book in only a few months, and it’s definitely not going to be the last. Tigers and Devils definitely ranks up in my top 2 favourite MM books. There are 376 pages in this book, and not one second you’ll be bored while reading them.

Let’s start out with the characters. If I could describe Simon, the main character, with only one word I would probably say likable. There are so many books where you just can’t connect with the main character because he’s a class 1 asshole, etc., but with Simon… just can’t not like him, in my opinion. Yes he makes mistakes and yes sometimes you won’t agree with his actions but you’ll never dislike him during this book. I’m just really glad that this book was written in his POV because it was a joy reading his thoughts. Not only that, but like I mentioned earlier, you can connect with him. He’s just a normal guy living his life like everyone else, going out with his friends, finding love, going to work, feeding his cat, etc. He’s witty and sarcastic and I love, love, looove his sense of humour.

Next, there was Declan Tyler, the love interest. Ahhh, Declan… I loved him! He’s a football player and in the closet. Him being in the closet was one of the main themes in this book. Going out with a closeted guy was hard for Simon, but at the same time he understood why Declan couldn’t just come out of the closet. And as a reader, you’ll understand as well. It is a struggle Declan has to deal with, but not on second you’ll doubt that he loves Simon. Him and Simon are so different one so many levels but they just work, you know? To be honest, I would like the have a Declan in my life as well… :)

I have to mention the secondary characters now, and more specifically Fran and Roger, Simon’s best friends. They’re a couple and they’re great. Honestly, I wouldn’t even mind having a spin-off book about them. They’re funny and they’re cute together and I understand why Simon loves them so much. Yes, Simon and Roger have a few arguments in this book (mainly caused by some things Roger says at the beginning of Simon and Declan's relationship), but I could never even get angry at Roger because I understood why he said those things; he was just looking out for Simon. Now, sometimes I did get a little bit annoyed because like Simon said, it was his life and not Roger's, but at the end of the day I still liked him a whole whole lot.

The humour was great in the book and often I found myself laughing out loud at some of the things the characters did or said. Tigers and Devils is just a great humourous (but still serious at times), sweet book. It’s my top comfort-read because you just can’t help feeling happy while reading it. Even the second time around I had this stupid sappy smile on my face basically the whole time and I couldn’t shake it off.

So don’t waste anymore time and go read it as soon as possible!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tigers and Devils.

Quotes Anna Liked

Sean Kennedy
“When single you are,” Roger said, imitating Yoda dispensing advice to Luke, “get laid you can. When married you get, make love you do.”
Sean Kennedy, Tigers and Devils

Sean Kennedy
“So what are you going to wear?”
I looked at her, wondering if she thought I had suddenly grown a vagina in the past five minutes. “Clothes.”
Sean Kennedy, Tigers and Devils

03/08/2012
8.0% "" "So what are you going to wear?" I looked at her, wondering if she thought I had suddenly grown a vagina in the past five minutes. "Clothes." She sighed. "Men" " LOL"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio

message 3: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Try randomly picking one? It might be a gem lol!

Anna lol I'll do that next time! But now I'm happy with this book, it's one of my all time favourite and it's a comfort read.. just what I needed :D

message 5: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Yeah but what are you going to read after it?.....

Anna One thing at a time LOL + this book is pretty long so I still have a few days to decide haha

Do you have any recommendations, though? :D

message 7: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Did you read Hushed?

Anna No, but I'm not sure I want to... it sounds.. idk, disturbing? lol

message 9: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio It sort of is but not as bad as you think very good story.

message 10: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna I'm gonna add it to my maybe-some-day list then haha :) and check out your favourites shelf.. maybe I'll find something that catches my attention

message 11: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Lol I hope so!

message 12: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Oh hey, I have a question.. I see that your have No Souvenirs in your favourites. Early I was reading Collision Course but I ended up giving up on it because there was waaaay too much sex in it for my liking.. so i was wondering, does No Souvenir have as much sex in it than Collision Course? Because I prefer character/plot-driven books.

message 13: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio I never read Collision Course....but I love No Souvenirs from what I can remember there was sex but not excessive amounts, but dont quote me I read it a long time ago.

message 14: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Oh ok well that's good enough for me !

message 15: by R.B. (new) - rated it 5 stars

R.B. Vio wrote: "Try randomly picking one? It might be a gem lol!"

Vio, you didn't read this?! I love this book! :)

message 16: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Yeah, I can't believe you didn't... I can't believe anyone who didn't! It's really an amazing book :)

message 17: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Alright I get the hint.....soon remind me lol!

message 18: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna hehehe :D you won't get out of reading this one

message 19: by R.B. (new) - rated it 5 stars

R.B. Anna ϟ wrote: "hehehe :D you won't get out of reading this one"

I SECOND THAT!!! :D

message 20: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio

Monika My god she is pushy!!!!!

message 22: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna I'll never stop pushing you guys towards reading this ! :D

message 23: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn This is one of my favorites Anna. So good. No Souviners I would say has a ton of sex (its K.A. Mitchell and that's her thing), but it felt less in your face than Collision Course. Not sure if you'd like it, but I am one of the few that preferred it to Collision Course. And you are making me want to re-read this again. :D

message 24: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Well I do have No Souvenirs on my kindle so I am going to read it at some point.. and honestly if there's even just a couple less sex scenes in it than in Collision Course then that's good. And I did like Kim (i don't remember his first name) in Collision Course so I want to read his story.