Julie Davis's Reviews > Baron Trigault's Vengeance a Sequel to the Count's Millions

Baron Trigault's Vengeance a Sequel to the Count's Millions by Émile Gaboriau

Jul 23, 11

Read from July 12 to 22, 2011

The sequel to The Count's Millions ... and it is launched with a bang since the book was essentially just chopped in half when they published it in the U.S. So we are hip-deep in unsolved mysteries and I am going nuts trying to figure out who all these mysterious people are ... more later.

A highly complicated plot, with cliff-hangers, intense back stories, very bad mothers and very good mothers ... all of which made a very satisfying story. I especially liked the author's acerbic comments about society and personality types, which still hold true today for the most part. Amusingly made and also used to move the story along. I hope to read it someday on Forgotten Classics. But don't wait for that, as it may be a while. It is free from Gutenberg Project or Amazon on the Kindle. Get both The Count's Millions and this and enjoy them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baron Trigault's Vengeance a Sequel to the Count's Millions.

07/12/2011 page 50