Emily Moore's Reviews > The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Jul 12, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, ebook, general-fiction
Read in July, 2011

I know I'm way behind on reading these books, but I finally decided to pull them off the shelf and dust them off while on an extended vacation. Thanks to other reviews and feedback from a coworker, I knew going in that the beginning was going to be quite slow. The first time I picked up the book I actually set it aside when I just couldn't get into it. While on vacation I picked it up again and pushed through the beginning and finally was able to get into the story. The characters are quite intriguing which makes it easy to get engrossed in the story. The resolution to a few of the plot lines seemed a bit too quick, though there was always a lingering struggle that the characters had to face. At times there is a lot of detail to plow through, sometimes to the point of slowing things down a bit especially if you're not enamored with financial details, but overall the story was engaging. I enjoyed the story quite a bit and so I easily jumped into the second book and am anxious to see how well the movies align with the story.