Nandi Crawford's Reviews > Same Kind of Different as Me

Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall

Mar 23, 08

bookshelves: bios-autos-and-memoirs, the-south-and-it-s-things
Recommended to Nandi by: Walmart
Recommended for: anyone who feels they are not going anywhere in life
Read in March, 2008

I am currently reading this book; I saw it in Walmart and I didn't pick it up then, but I just had to get a copy of this book. I'll hold judgement for now but from what I've read, I am touched. No, it may not be the most well written book, it may not be this or that, but if it touches lives, I'm down for it anyday and from what I see here, that's what it's doing.

Well, I finished this within a day and I tell you, I wanted to grab a hanky and cry when Debbie died. One thing that struck me most was when she called up the lady with whom Ron had an affair with and told her that she knew about her, she hoped she find someone that would love and honor her one day, and that she took the blame for what went down in the affair, but that she was going to be working hard on keeping her marriage and if she did her job right, she wouldn't be hearing from Ron again. I tell you, a LOT of us could have learned a lesson from this lady because she handled it with style and grace. With that said, let me move on to Denver. Denver and the things he went through was sad. I thought he would talk about how things were, and he did but to a point. I felt bad when he lost his grandmother, father, and other family members because I truly felt he needed them. I wanted to truly weep when he talked about the fire that took his paternal grandmother and cousin. I wanted to weep when he talked about working but that all in all, "the man" was fair because if they "ALL" was rich, then no one wanted to work. I believe in God and his miracles and I truly believe that He performed one when Debbie and Ron went to the homeless mission and tried to help the folks there. I only hope and pray that coming away from this book that folks get touched enough to help someone like Debbie and Ron did and make this world a more better place.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Same Kind of Different as Me.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Gremore I totally agree. I just finished it and feel a little lost, now that it is over. : ) And yes, it was something when she called the other woman, she was an incredible woman.