Sheila 's Reviews > Cathartes Aura and the Apocalypse Zoo

Jul 12, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: apocalyptic-or-dystopian, kindle, poetry
Read on July 12, 2011

Okay, fist off I have to say I am not a person who usually reads Poetry. Especially poetry that doesn't rhyme. And especially LONG poetry. And since this story is written in 10 by 10 verse (which I finally figured out meant 10 syllables to each line, 10 lines to each verse) at first I really didn't get it. The first time I heard this book mentioned I wasn't going to read it, just because it was written as a poem. But, since it was apocalyptic, and was mentioned again on the Apocalypse Whenever group here on Goodreads, and also because the author was giving away copies for free this month on Smashwords, I decided to give it a try. And again I only read it because it was Apocalyptic, NOT because it was a poem.

But I have to say, I actually liked it! An apocalyptic tale, with wonderful descriptions that make you feel like to are really seeing the scene, and narrated by a turkey vulture no less! After awhile, I even forgot I was reading a poem. And I think that says something for the author. The fact that I forgot I was reading a poem, because I was so engrossed in the details of the story being described, facinates me.

Thank you Eighty Six for exposing me to long, 10 by 10 format poetry by making it an engrossing apocalyptic story. I feel I have broadened my world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cathartes Aura and the Apocalypse Zoo.