Mica Humes's Reviews > Think and Grow Rich

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

Jul 18, 11

Read from July 12 to 18, 2011

First let me say I listened to the audio book and didn't read the book (although I do plan on checking it out to copy down a few interesting tidbits I want to remember). I'm not really into the motivational "think positive and everything will work out" type of books so this was a stretch. The version I listened to had notes from the editor which turned me off 99% of the time. The whole believe/study/faith all or nothingness of the book also was too much for me.

Now with the negatives out of the way, I did find a few sections quite interesting. I liked the part about charisma as well as not allowing yourself excuses (the self-analysis at the end I could definitely use). The book did help me think more conceptually about the things I really want in my life and I could see myself applying some of the techniques to those areas.

Overall, I was disappointed in this highly reviewed, quoted all over the place, "classic".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Think and Grow Rich.