CrazyPenguinLady's Reviews > Envy

Envy by Sandra Brown

5621919
Oct 04, 12

bookshelves: favorite-romantic-suspense

One of the best Sandra Brown books I have ever read.
-There were no parts where the heroine's friends go on and on about how jealous they are of her physical perfection. THANK YOU.
-The hero acted like an asshole several times -typical of Sandra Brown heroes- but it was acknowledged, instead of just forgiven without a thought.
-There was a lot more suspense than in a usual SB book. That was nice; the thriller aspect of it. I find I enjoy SB books with the element of suspense much more than the purely romantic ones.
-Character development. Oh, my. There were so many things I didn't see coming. I love it when a writer surprises me and Brown definitely did with this one, more than a few times.

Maybe I am a little biased because I'm so in love with this book, I don't know. There were a some things that might have made me roll my eyes if I were capable of being %100 objective ; like how conveniently the whole husband aspect was handled, and some other things that would spoil the book so I won't get into.

Recommended for anyone looking for a solid romance with superbly written, unpredictable twists and turns.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Envy.