Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)'s Reviews > Artemis the Brave

Artemis the Brave by Joan Holub

Jan 06, 12

bookshelves: favorites, reviewed
Read on January 05, 2012

Artemis is one of the goddess girls that goes to the Mount Olympus Academy and is known for archery like her twin brother, Apollo. She loves her Beastology class and has never been interested in any boy…until she meets Orion, a new student. She doesn’t know how to act around him. She finds out that he’s interested in plays and has a dog. Artemis has three dogs so that’s an added bonus. Her friends quickly notice that she has feelings for him, but they think Orion has only feelings for himself.

Artemis is quick to help Orion when he needs help with the play MOA is putting on about Psyche and Eros and to help him with archery. He often treats her just like one of the guys. The more she tries to get him to like her, the more she pushes away her brother.

I’ve loved the previous books in this series and this one isn’t an exception. I love mythology, so this series has just increased my love for mythology even more if that’s possible.

I’ve enjoyed learning about each of the girls. I liked that Artemis started to like a boy, even though I didn’t like Orion. Artemis always thinks she doesn’t need to be afraid. I like that she learns it doesn’t matter if you are afraid of something, it’s fighting through it that makes people brave.

The covers for this series are so cute.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artemis the Brave.

01/05/2012 page 140