Mandy Stigant's Reviews > V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta by Alan Moore

Jun 11, 07

bookshelves: comic-books
Read in June, 2005

I have been copiously lectured on the importance of Alan Moore and the moving-and-shaking he did towards revamping the legitimacy of comic books. Consider my opinion here limited because I have only read Vendetta -- I don't think he's that terrific of a writer. He's not bad, but the appellation of "best writer in the comic book industry Ever" just doesn't ring terribly true with me. I enjoyed Vendetta, but to be honest I enjoyed the movie more, and his out-spoken bitching about the movies they make of his books (and yes, some have been doozies of movies) speaks more to me of an unearned arrogance and a peevish over-defensiveness of his frankly mediocre writing.

Now I need to go and make cookies for the inevitable slew of fan-boys showing up at my door to lynch me.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read V for Vendetta.

Christen "speaks more to me of an unearned arrogance and a peevish over-defensiveness of his frankly mediocre writing."

Yes...thank you! I also enjoyed the movie more. There weren't a million side stories distracting me from the main plot. And frankly, I couldn't see Moore's 16 year old Evey having the strength or endurance to rebuild anything.