Kristen's Reviews > Watch Me

F 50x66
Jul 21, 2011

Read from July 11 to 12, 2011

Originally Posted on Strawberry Splash Book Reviews

The first book I read by Lauren Barnholdt was Sometimes It Happens that just came out so I thought I would try reading some of her other books. I loved this book just as much as I loved Sometimes it Happens.

I think the characters in this book were generally well developed. Ally's boyfriend from high school, Corey, really bothered me. He just kind of seemed like an asshole and I want to shake Ally and be like YOUR BOYFRIEND IS AN ASSHOLE! I liked Ally though. She was decently relatable. At first I had a hard time distinguishing between her Simone and Jasmine as well as James and Drew. I mean they all had COMPLETELY different personalities but I kept forgetting who did what. Eventually I was able to figure it out but it was tough at first.

I liked the whole reality show aspect of it seeing as I have an unhealthy addiction to them. In the House had a sort of Real World feel to it, in case you need a reference. But also I think the fact that she was on a reality show, it made the book just as predictable as any reality show you would watch. Not saying that it was entirely a bad thing because technically it was sticking to the reality show theme but there weren't too many surprises in this book.

Overall I really liked the plot and the characters (except Corey as I said before) and recommend the book to just about anyone especially if you have a slight addiction to reality TV, like myself.

Note: Just so everyone is aware, this IS the same book as Reality Chick just with a different cover and title.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watch Me.

07/12/2011 page 42
15.0% "I'm enjoying this #OUreadathon"
show 2 hidden updates…