Syrdarya's Reviews > Three Bedrooms, One Corpse

Three Bedrooms, One Corpse by Charlaine Harris

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: mystery
Read in July, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** I gave Charlaine Harris and Aurora Teagarden more leeway with the first two books, but this entry had real problems. Aurora is very shallow and whiny and I find it very difficult to like her in this book, especially the way she thinks about her pastor boyfriend Aubrey and then her new boyfriend Martin. I have to think that something is being saved up for a book further along in the series regarding Martin, because he's referred to as dangerous by several characters and he's very possessive and strange about Aurora (getting upset about her new diamond and amethyst earrings being upstaged at an event? eh?) and there was something very off about the encounter with Sam Ulrich and for once Aurora didn't think enough about something that someone said there.

Moreover, are there realtors that will show a house without electricity after dark? I can't imagine they would have a good reputation.

Breaking into someone's house to garner police attention and prove that person stole items from a bunch of houses for sale... really? And nary a thought about the police thinking you might have planted the evidence. Wow.

This book was much weaker than the first two on the mystery front, and it also felt like a large setup for the following book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Bedrooms, One Corpse.