DarienMoya's Reviews > The Book Of Daniel

Read from November 02 to 05, 2011

^^SOMETIMES DANIEL NEEDS TO KEEP HIS BOOK CLOSED!^^

More of my reviews and ramblings at PANTS OFF REVIEWS

3.5

This was one of my least favourite ZAM book ever, and it’s a part of one my fave series. This book had two of my favourite characters from the previous book, like two complete idiots. They were indecisive, contradictory, and spoiled children. I could not wrap my mind around it, and when they both acted like douches to each other, with a few words all would go back to normal.

If you have no clue about the St Nachos series, I absolutely recommend that you get to know this little town. The characters are quirky, and the food sounds awesmazing (I was constantly hungry reading this book). This series is the epitome of what ZAM does best. Though I did have my issues with this story in particular, the series is not to be missed. Cam and Daniel had me a drooling from the previous book, and I was impatiently waiting for their story. I knew it was gonna be hot, and about a man healing and finding love. We got all that, but we also got shallow Cam and Daniel with their multiple personalities.

Daniel the product of a bad home life has built his way up to owning his own company and having money. He lives to protect his little brother, but over the years, he has forgotten about others in order to make a disastrous marriage work. The marriage is over and Daniel has decided to be true to himself and come out to the world. Now he’s man whoring himself around town, and he’s hardly a good person. He lies, and is unable to find happiness in anything. A car wreck has left him without the use of one of his hands, and his pity party is strong. In comes Cam the hot fire fighter with the heart of gold, who can do and say no wrong (gimme a break). Their relationship was never the best, but a friendly relationship begins that leads to more.

The inconsistencies in this book is strong, I just do not understand what happened to my Cam and Daniel. At times, I really liked them, and at most, I wanted to slap them in the head. Daniel facing his issues was a good thing, but everyone around him kept making him the bad person, as if he was this horrible guy. Honestly, I have yet to see this horrible person, sketchy and unsure yes, but horrible? Not even, close. His life has shaped him and he has every right to be wary. He is not a perfect person, and I sorta hated how they expected so much from him.

The sex between Daniel and Cam is desert storm hot, but the relationship part is a great big pot of 'you have got to be fecking kidding me'. They both have no idea what they want. One minute its not working but the next love is blooming like roses in a freaking garden. I yelled a few times 'just make up your mind already', and just when you think all is well, either Cam or Dan pulls a douche bag move. I had high hopes for them, though not completely disappointed I am also less then impressed.

Overall, I really enjoyed going back to St.Nacho’s and hearing about everyone from previous books. I liked many elements of the story (laughed my ass off a few times), but disappointed in the characters. Even though I got my HEA, I am still waiting for Daniel to bolt. In the upside, this might be the dirtiest ZA book ever; I was like “WHAT”, some very unexpected hotness. My final thoughts are that this series is not to be missed, and though it seems as if I am just hating, I honestly liked the book just wondering what the hell happened to the characters.
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book Of Daniel.

11/04/2011 page 56
31.0% 6 comments
11/04/2011
34.0% ""I want to see if I can tie your dick in a knot with my tongue like a cherry stem". Ha! I love that."
11/05/2011 page 134
75.0% "These guys are hot one minute and Alaska freezing the next. Its either you are in or out (teeheee)"

message 1: by Beatrice (new) - added it

Beatrice I actually have this on hold. Dunno why, but the seemingly sudden change of Daniel between book 3 and book 4 kinda made me go "eh" on this. Can't wait for your review (if ever you're writing one). :)

message 2: by Jayhjay (new)

Jayhjay Yes, I am hearing the same comment Beatrice. Darien, I'm curious to hear what you think.

message 3: by Beatrice (new) - added it

Beatrice Jay, I think this might require a bit of patience for Daniel. I got frustrated with him and so I just stopped. :(

DarienMoya Daniel is like a mutiple personality patient. He really irked me, one minute hot on board, the next cold and gone.