Kristy's Reviews > Giving Chase

Giving Chase by Lauren Dane

Jul 29, 11

bookshelves: romance
Read from July 11 to 29, 2011

I must say I really enjoyed the book. The story behind his was really good. I love Kyle and Maggie they were definitely made for each other. I was a bit sad when it wasn't Shane who she fell for but it worked out for the best. He's still healing for deep wounds. I wont say much more I tend to reveal too much.

I usually don't comment on the writing techniques because I usually understand even the weirdest styles but I will on this one because it's truly really a good book.

I did get confused when she would go into other characters perspectives. Such a Maggie was said this and she though how kyle was hot but then the thoughts right after would be kyles. It did not flow in that aspect. I think it could have been done a bit better such as say a paragraph of just Maggie how she feel then do a paragraph or page of kyles. But when two people perspectives one right after another its confusing. Especially in the beginning of the book I did know if it was Liv Dee or Maggie talking. Eventually it worked out and I was able to get used to the writing the writer chose.

I would definitely recommend this book. Once you get past the writing its self you will fall in the with the actual story and see the love develop. What good as well is that its doesn't happen within two days its happens over a spand of months. This is nice because you get to see the relationship and the trust build. I cant wait to read the next one in the end though I can't wait to see who will catch Shane's attentions!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Giving Chase.

07/28/2011 page 87
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rjsmommy Just read this series last week and wasn't too impressed. I found the writing poor, the plot predictable, and the sex scenes too gratuitous and numerous. But I did read them all just because I'm a sucker for cops and fireman. What do you think?

Kristy I haven't started it just yet. I saw it was for free and thought hey maybe I should give it a try. I will let you know my thought once I start on it. I just finished An Irresitable Bachelor by Jessica Byrd aka JR Ward.

Rjsmommy I tried it through the free offer too...one of the things I love about my Kindle. I haven't read any of JR Ward's non-paranormal novels...I don't want to be disappointed. Are they good?

Kristy I'm not big into "normal romance" books all that much. It all depends on the author and the reviews. But I loved The Unforgettable Lady and An Irresistible Bachelor. The endings were good. I didn't think I would like them but I did. I would recommend them.