Litland.com's Reviews > The Boy of a Thousand Faces

The Boy of a Thousand Faces by Brian Selznick

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: adventure, 9-12-year-olds, halloween-fun
Recommended for: 3-6th grades boys & girls, classroom, library

My daughter introduced me to Selznick’s work and I hope it never goes out of print! His illustrations and story line are fantastic. Evaluating it against character education guidelines was simple http://www.litland.com/reviews_9-12/b...

This title should sound familiar to parents belonging to the Baby Boomer and Generation X eras. Younger parents may recognize it as well, particularly anyone with a love of classic film. It is a take-off of the name given to the famous actor, Lon Chaney, who was known as The Man of a Thousand Faces because of his versatility in portraying such as variety of characters. Selznick skillfully takes us into the life of a boy who wants to be just as versatile as Lon Chaney; to always be in disguise and not be recognized. He is mesmerized by the mystery, excitement and danger of real life monster sightings and classic horror flicks.

There are so many uses for this book (in addition to just reading it—LOL!) that I through a few together on our Parents & Teachers activities page http://www.litland.com/reviews_9-12/b... .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy of a Thousand Faces.