Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Apr 16, 12

Read in April, 2012

Alright, after much careful consideration and thinking out my thoughts before I right this review I just want to say first, crapola! THIS, is an amazing sequel!

What I adored about this book is the changes that are held in it. There is much information that is spilled before the reader and all you want to do is soaked it all up. With each new source of information, Insurgent builds up to interesting new characters as well as the plot. Let me tell you that as soon as I started this book I was engrossed. I could not, would not put down the book.

If you are wondering about the love interest, well...I won't say much because I do not want to spoil it, but it is as expected. They go through trials that I feel, makes them stronger. And yes, you will be happy with the love scenes.

As far as the characters themselves, I really enjoyed their growth. All the characters gain new knowledge as to what is really happening in their world. The search for answers and unlocking secrets, the sense of danger increases leaving the reader breathless. Tris is better and bolder as ever! I love that she is strong and brave in all situations that she finds herself in. She is an compelling heroine that can get anyone to follow her.

Insurgent is an engaging action-drama laced with pure awesomness! Fans of Divergent will be pleased that there is a great sequel to look forward to. The thrill of the chase, the seeking of answers delivers a cliffhanger that the reader does not see coming. Satisfyingly bold and intelligent, Insurgent is a grand story that will sweep you off your feet!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

04/10/2012 page 112
04/10/2012 page 401
76.0% "AHHHHHH!"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bradley Allen didn't think this was out yet? :(

Savannah (Books With Bite) It's not. I borrowed the ARC from a friend :)

Tennille oh so ENVIOUS ;)

Kayla Ashley I am so jealous! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

message 5: by Eve (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eve I'm totally green right now, I cannot wait to read this!!

Savannah (Books With Bite) It was awesome! I can't wait to hear what you all think of it :)

message 7: by Purcheria (new) - added it

Purcheria I can't wait for this book to end up in my greedy little hands. The green-eyed monster is out right now and it has you in it's sight...hehehe

Stephanie • No BS Book Reviews JEALOUS!! But I'm so very excited to read this as well! I've only had access to the first 2 chapters lol!

Savannah (Books With Bite) Can't wait for you to read it! It's amazing!!!

Marisol Herrera I am so jealous you have read it already.

Savannah (Books With Bite) LOL! I borrowed it from a friend. It's no longer in my hands anymore. Now, I am waiting for my finish copy.

Stephanie • No BS Book Reviews Now that I've finished reading this book, I completely Agree with your review! This book was AMAZABALLS