Traci's Reviews > Fool Moon

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Jul 21, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from July 17 to 19, 2011

The book works because of the character Harry Dresden. For the most part the other characters just fall flat. Another male writer who seems unable to write female characters. Susan is the everygirl girlfriend with little personality and Murphy is the typical tough girl bitch character. But I loved the book for Dresden. As a fan of noir I like the touch of it in these series, and the old time mystery feel. I like the way past cases are mentioned but not described in detail, it gives the world a realness. I like the dry humor. No, it wan't perfect but still lots better than most urban fantasies I have read. I thought the different types of werewolves were interesting, instead of picking one legend Butcher used them all. It wasn't predictable. I also liked the last unclassified type. I have heard this is the weakest of the series, if that is the case I really look forward to continuing. One last thought though about the criticism of these books being too macho and the female characters being too weak, have you read any romance books? I think every male reader should read atleast one for proof that these complaints aren't as one sided as they are lead to believe.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fool Moon.