Níηα's Reviews > Firespell

Firespell by Chloe Neill

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, supernatural, realistic
Read in July, 2011

I liked it. It certainly is different to current supernatural/paranormal books out now.

Lily has been sent to the ultra rich pack boarding school, St Sophia's because her parents are taking a Sabbatical and she can't go with them. Her new found best friend though, is more than she seems. AND it doesn't take Lily long to be embroiled in whatever it is that Scout is a part of.

So...same old whatever, bunch of rich kids playing protectors with their special little gifts for Chicago, from demons and vamps and energy sucking Reapers.

I liked this definitely. It was interesting. I guess after a series of crappy trying too hard to be cool novels, this short refreshing read that gets right to the point with Lily was what I needed.

OF course the idea isn't new. None of the magical stuff or the rich school with the magical students or the new girl who gets embroiled into all of the wacky going ons.

But compared to the other stuff, this stuff that ain't so new becomes refreshing and definitely a boring day reliever.

There was only one thing, that I can think of at the moment that did irk me. That was probably the multiply characters that had an affinity for calling the other person by their last name. And this was also something Scout did way too often to way too many of the characters.

Otherwise - good book! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firespell.