Kristi's Reviews > The Eternal Ones

Sep 04, 11

bookshelves: arc
Recommended to Kristi by: Rachael
Read in December, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I feel as though it's been a long time since I read this book. And it has, about a year and a half has passed. Still, the feeling that I want to read more has lingered even up to now. That's how much I enjoyed it.

In a simple summary, there's a society in which deals with people who've lived (and loved) in past lives. I believe the main girl, Haven, finds out that she is in fact one of these people. A boy named Iain becomes involved and by the end of the book, the society and its concept are all quite real and possible. Thanks to the time the author takes to build and flesh out.

I was expecting loads of cheese, on top of a little more cheese, but I felt that this book never really went over the top on the idea of people basically having past lives. So I was glad in that sense. In addition, the third person past tense furthered my enjoyment of this book, as it made it a very comfortable read for me.

I admit that much of the details are foggy in my mind, but I'm eager to get my hands on the sequel (which is in stores now).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eternal Ones.