Jessica Frost's Reviews > Evercrossed

Evercrossed by Elizabeth Chandler

Jul 19, 2011

Read from July 11 to 19, 2011

This is definitely worth the read, though originally I wasn't going to bother. I am glad I did! Even though it has been years since I read the other Angel books, and I jumped straight into this with no pre-reading, I still found it exciting and fresh and completely gripping.

Ok, so maybe it wasn't the best book I've ever read and maybe it is not even the best in the series. So what that Ivy seems to act like a bit of a moody headstrong princess with no real thoughts for her friends. In a way, it is the faults of the characters - whether intentional or not - that make this story so enjoyable.

Like I said, it's not an unforgettable book, not ruling the roost with five stars, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't read it. It was a very quick, very enjoyable summer read that stopped me bashing my head against the wall with boredom for a few hours. It was relatively fast-paced and the story never stopped but sometimes the narrative and the characters were a little predictable. But, despite its flaws, it's still worth a look and, even if you don't really want to read it, it is pretty much classifiable as a novella and would only take up a morning of your time. Tops. Personally, I'm glad of this follow-up and I'm actually pretty eager to read the next instalment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evercrossed.