Harry's Reviews > The Whole-Brain Path to Peace: The Role of Left- and Right-Brain Dominance in the Polarization and Reunification of America

The Whole-Brain Path to Peace by James   Olson

Aug 05, 11

bookshelves: science, brain-science, politics
Read from July 11 to August 05, 2011

A fascinating read! In this work James Olson explores the differences in mental processing using our right and left brain hemispheres and shows the consequences of dominate hemispheric thinking on our individual and collective lives. He develops his highly interdisciplinary ideas in a very thoughtful and easy to understand structure. Each chapter clearly summizes the main points that it features with the cumulative ensemble of ideas being integrated and clearly explained through out the book. Mr. Olson's work is also well documented and he introduces the reader to several fascinating new ideas like Sacred Geometry. A case history using the Drug War in the US is used to illustrate the differences in hemispheric preferences for solution. Mr. Olson also suggests positive actions that can be taken in alleviating the polarization.in the world and creating a more peaceful environment. Some developments I would like to have seen more of in the book was the role of dominate hemispheric in the development of science and also what might be the affects of today's technology on dominate hemispheric thinking. I highly recommend this work to anyone interested in understanding the workings of the brain and how a different approach in our perspective and perception could make all the difference.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Whole-Brain Path to Peace.