Siminiminim C's Reviews > Fruits Basket, Volume 01

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki Takaya

U_50x66
Jul 11, 11

Read in January, 2011

Everything about this manga series is perfect. You'd be stupid not to read it. Heck, even if you don't like comic books or manga at all (which described me--I generally detested manga and comics before Fruits Basket) you just HAVE to read this series. I'd say it's a requirement for things to complete in your life.

Oh yeah, and it might seem a little boring because this is just the first one in a series of 23. However, it gets extremely well written after this one (keep in mind this book just "starts out" the series!)

And if you haven't read the rest of the series, don't assume that the curse is simply "oh, they turn into animals when they get hugged by the opposite sex" because no. The curse is not as simple as that. It's very complex actually and the backstory and the history of the curse (which has been misconstrued as a 'curse' by the family--something you'll have to read to find out!) is amazing.

Characters are perfect, every character has so much story and development and everything fits in perfectly. Pacing is perfect. Dialogue is unique to each character. There are so many people to relate to in this book.

I wish Natsuki Tayaka would create another series like this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fruits Basket, Volume 01.