Princess Bookie's Reviews > The Night She Disappeared

The Night She Disappeared by April Henry

Dec 01, 11

bookshelves: read2011
Read from November 22 to 23, 2011

My Thoughts: So, I read Henry's other book Girl Stolen a few months back and it was a good book. I don't like calling these books good because even though they are good to read, they are also scary horrible events to read about. I do not want to think about these things happening in real life but they do.

In The Night She Disappeared, we are introduced to the people who work at Pete's Pizza. There is Gabie, Kayla, and Drew. They are the focus of this story. Yes, a lot more people work there but these kids are the main focus.

Drew answered the phone that night, Gabie was supposed to work but she traded shifts with Kayla because Kayla asked. The man was after Gabie, not Kayla. He wanted Gabie to fill in his plan. Kayla was kind of an innocent bystander in all this, in his plans. The girl with the Mini Cooper is the one he wanted.

Kayla gets kidnapped and Drew and Gabie are left to put together the pieces. Everybody thinks Kayla is dead. She's been gone a while now. Gabie believes that she's still alive, somewhere, somehow.

This novel is told in many different perspectives, I think my favorite was Kayla's. I needed to know what she was going through, if she was strong enough to survive this.

The Night She Disappeared is an exciting psychological mystery that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I liked all the extra stuff, like the police reports, the newspaper articles.

I really enjoyed this novel. I enjoyed reading what they were all going through. Part of me is sad by it though. These things really happens and that stings! I don't like the topics but the stories are always interesting, because you find yourself wanting to know if the main character will be ok!

The whole time while reading, I wanted to know who took Kayla and why?

The Night She Disappeared was a great second novel for Henry. It will please many readers.

Overall: I really enjoyed The Night She Disappeared, even if I don't like the topic very much. It's just too darn scary to know this does happen in real life. I liked reading from all the character's perspectives. I felt like I was in each one's mind. I really enjoyed this one a lot.

Cover: Like it. The cover fits perfectly. The girl on the cover is walking down a road. The colors are go together, especially the text.

What I'd Give It: 4/5 Cupcakes
___________
Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night She Disappeared.

11/22/2011 page 100