Teresa's Reviews > Watching Willow Watts

Watching Willow Watts by Talli Roland

Dec 16, 11

bookshelves: 2011-read, romance, chick-lit
Read from December 08 to 15, 2011

Like Talli's other book, this was a refreshing, original read. I'll try to review this without giving away spoilers.

It's a story about Willow regaining her dreams, and taking her life back. The plot maybe a little far fetched - would thousands of people really believe Marilyn had chosen Willow? - but it works in fiction and make believe if you allow yourself to be carried away into Willow's world.

Compared to some romance that I've read, the hero is not featured heavily in the book (but this is what maybe makes it chicklit/women's fiction?). Personally, I do like more presence from the hero because for me romance is about the conflict, and the two of them working it out together. We see the hero more through flashbacks in Willow's thoughts. However, the concept of this story was just fun, making me want to carry on reading and find out what happens.

How will Willow get out of her contract with Jay?

Talli has a wonderful way of telling a story. It's sharp, witty, and different with a fast pace and style that makes you want to keep on reading. Oh and there is no sex (on the page), only behind closed doors - just so you know.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watching Willow Watts.

12/08/2011
13.0% "This is going to be my 40th book read this year! Fun so far :D"
12/09/2011
21.0% "Little bit more read, but must go to bed and shift this bloody cold!"
12/11/2011
40.0% "Oh the plot thickens... :D"
12/13/2011
70.0% "Oh, Willow, wake up and smell the coffee!"
12/15/2011
100.0% "Will review later... Gotta go put the Christmas Decos up!"
show 1 hidden update…